Thursday, January 28, 2016

Loving the you beyond the surface.

For the longest time I struggled with my body image. I've never really made a big deal out it in front of everyone. But I definitely have not always loved the skin that I'm in. It has taken me a quite a while to realize that loving yourself and being confident in yourself does not necessarily have anything to do with what you look like on the outside. 

Personally, I've been trying to figure out who I am and loving who I am on the inside. Because if I don't love the me beyond the surface, then there is no way that I can figure out how to love the body that God gave me. I was not blessed with a high metabolism and therefore I have to work really hard to lose weight. I can't just eat whatever I want, whenever I want because its there and it tastes good. I have to monitor what I eat, eat smaller portions/meals, have healthy snacks, and drink lots of water. 

I've been so busy with work and figuring out how to make my inner self be happy that I let my outer self go for a while. But lately its been getting easier and I've somehow managed to find a way that works for me. I monitor what I eat everyday but using this app called Lose It! You can do a whole weight loss plan and everything, and the best part is that it's free for everyone. (Not a sponsored post) Though I haven't had much time to exercise yet, I have still managed to lose 10 pounds in almost 2 months just based on changing my eating habits and cutting out soda almost entirely. 

Seeing those results on the scale twice a week and generally feeling better and not as sluggish or tired is amazing and it can only get better from here on out. The best advice I can give to any of you who are trying to gain some more confidence on the inside and the outside, is to keep track of everything, pray a lot, have a good support system (or someone who is trying to lose weight as well join you in your challenge to yourself) and to not beat yourself up for gaining a pound here and there. It's a process, just try to get to know yourself all over again. 

Once you realize that you are different now than you used to be, it will all become a lot easier. You have a lot more strength then you realize. You can do anything that you set your mind to. Don't let anyone else tell you how to be you, just do your absolute best but not over do it.  Also never lose weight because someone else wants you to. You do it for yourself, or don't. The whole point is that it is up to you and you only. 

Thank you so much for reading this, sorry if my thoughts weren't as cohesive today as they usually are, it's been a long day and I'm tired. Also if anyone is from Florida reading this then please be safe on the road and in your travels. 

xo Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment